Seeking for used calibration standards

Started by nekach1963, 11-04-2011 -- 06:46:21

Previous topic - Next topic

nekach1963

I want to build a calibration laboratory. while the calibration standards are so expensive especially electrical standards. I seek for used calibration standards with calibration certificate ISO17025. thank s in advance

Hawaii596

I see that you are in Morocco, which can make it a little more difficult to locate the standards.  You might try on ebay (www[dot]ebay[dot]com).  There are often used calibration standards for sale on there.  You would just need to verify that a seller will ship to your country.  Because calibration covers so many different areas of measurement, you will need to determine which standards you  need to buy.  Also, there is the detail of getting an ISO17025 Accredited calibration done on each of them.  There are a lot of possibilities for that.  Another website you might also consider posting this on is www[dot]elsmar[dot]com.  I suggest that because they have a large international group of people involved.  Look for the forum for ISO17025 compliance.  I am involved in that website as well.  This is a great group on here, with a lot of very good technical background.  The elsmar site has a very international group, so between the two sites, you may get the most help.
"I often say that when you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind."
Lord Kelvin (1824-1907)
from lecture to the Institute of Civil Engineers, 3 May 1883