Why are the calibration procedures so different between Services

Started by Lost in Place, 02-17-2012 -- 13:31:48

Previous topic - Next topic

CalDude

Did they let you use fork lifts and touch commodities, or did they limit you to customer Carry Outs and cart pushing?  As I heard it through the grape vine...you were stuck with the last part of the latter.
"Surely it is the better part of thought that relies on measurement and calculation."  Plato, The Republic

Lost in Place

My apologies in advance for the buzz killer.
Look... I'm not up for any more flaming this week. I'll be glad to do this another time, just not this week.  Tomorrow I head home to say goodbye to my best friend that was a victim of Parricide.  Also his wife and 11 yr old daughter that were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.  So forgive me if my heart is just not in this today. It's not your fault that the timing is off. I'll be back next week and hopefully I'll be ready to get back to flaming. Thanks

PMEL Whore

PMEL guys, bunch of whiney little girls!  Hoopty, maybe it's time to delete this thread and the other one where all the bashing is going on, it isn't doing anything constructive.  I have been guilty of this in the past, not on a personal level but with a simaler amount of bitterness, life is too short you guys.  Like I said before, I thought I had issues, I feel way better about myself now!
I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter.

PMEL Whore

Quote from: Lost in Place on 09-06-2012 -- 11:33:57
My apologies in advance for the buzz killer.
Look... I'm not up for any more flaming this week. I'll be glad to do this another time, just not this week.  Tomorrow I head home to say goodbye to my best friend that was a victim of Parricide.  Also his wife and 11 yr old daughter that were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.  So forgive me if my heart is just not in this today. It's not your fault that the timing is off. I'll be back next week and hopefully I'll be ready to get back to flaming. Thanks

Very Sorry, that is one messed up situation.  Hope everything goes as well as can be expected,  have a safe trip of your own.
I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter.

John Treekiller

Quote from: PMEL Whore on 09-06-2012 -- 11:38:16
PMEL guys, bunch of whiney little girls!  Hoopty, maybe it's time to delete this thread and the other one where all the bashing is going on, it isn't doing anything constructive.  I have been guilty of this in the past, not on a personal level but with a simaler amount of bitterness, life is too short you guys.  Like I said before, I thought I had issues, I feel way better about myself now!
Even though I have had some of the posts in these threads (hopefully some of the milder ones) I have to agree with PMEL Whore that these need to be deleted.  I wish I was the one who said it first, but knowing most of the people involved kinda twisted my thinking.  Maybe I'll just have to use the blocking feature on the site.

CalibratorJ

What sucks is these are definitely hot topics, the procedures that is, and how they differ so much from service to service and from the commercial world. I'm all for some friendly debate from time to time, but come on, I think this took a left (or right - don't want to seem like I am getting political) turn somewhere and desperatly needs to get back on track to the issues, the procedures, GIDEP, and commercial work using said procedures.......

djshepp21

Yes..if we want to do personal attacks, take it to Facebook or someplace where middle-schoolers frequent like the forums at http://www.roosterteeth.com/forum/forum/php?fid=7.  (Actual warning/note on the website:  If you get offended by words on a monitor, you should stay out of here.)

On the note of getting back to the discussion of commercial work using GIDEP procedures, check out the thread at http://www.pmelforum.com/index.php?topic=2526.0

CalDude

I was not trying to burn anyone on here. I was just making a supporting statement on a thread started by someone who at times makes unsupportable claims of his past. Did you know he used to own lab in DC? And he was A2LA compliant? Pretty cool stuff is you ask me... :mrgreen:
"Surely it is the better part of thought that relies on measurement and calculation."  Plato, The Republic

HarryBee

Wait, I didn't know any other branches in the military other than the USAF wrote procedures or did calibrations.  I thought there was like an ASVAB requirement or something?????????? :-D

HarryBee

Quote from: John Treekiller on 09-06-2012 -- 05:11:06
Lets see, we now have another pinger that registered yesterday.  He is defending skidaddle and knows who skidaddle was talking about.  I'm wondering how that happens.  2 + 2 = 4

I'm voting it's the same person.  haha.  And COME ON!!!!  We all know the 2 + 2 = 5.  Get out of here with your voodoo math  :-P

djshepp21

Quote from: HarryBee on 09-06-2012 -- 13:15:14

I'm voting it's the same person.  haha.  And COME ON!!!!  We all know the 2 + 2 = 5.  Get out of here with your voodoo math  :-P

Normally, that would be true.  But I think he's using that expanded uncertainty analysis:
where x = Sqrt[((2^2 + 2^2)^(1/3))^2]*2, then y = 4.

HarryBee

Quote from: djshepp21 on 09-06-2012 -- 14:26:57
Quote from: HarryBee on 09-06-2012 -- 13:15:14

That is why you don't drink and derive.... . .. . da dum tsssshhhh.
Normally, that would be true.  But I think he's using that expanded uncertainty analysis:
where x = Sqrt[((2^2 + 2^2)^(1/3))^2]*2, then y = 4.