It's That Time of Year Again - WORLD METROLOGY DAY!!!

Started by Hawaii596, 04-20-2012 -- 10:02:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawaii596

http://www.worldmetrologyday.org/ - It's almost upon us once again.  That once a year day when all the world notices us and thanks us for what we do (kidding, of course).  Please banter humorously about this topic... Big parades... floats...  I brought it up on facebook and asked all my non-PMEL type friends for their thoughts.  Should be interesting.  I think someone should come  up with some traditions for how to celebrate World Metrology Day.  Maybe, do something more accurately.  Make accuracy resolutions, etc..
"I often say that when you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind."
Lord Kelvin (1824-1907)
from lecture to the Institute of Civil Engineers, 3 May 1883

Winterfire2008

My tradition is to get a Metrology Day T-Shirt!!!!!

Mike

Hawaii596

My brother-in-law, in answer to my facebook notice requesting if anyone had good ideas, gave me a slightly humorous way to celebrate.  To further pick on him, I should preface by saying he has advanced degrees in computer engineering and 30+ years as a computer OEM top systems design engineer on mainframes etc...

This guy said we should each take a bunch of rulers and have a contest to see how many you can break in five minutes.  Ha ha... this from a highly degreed engineer.
"I often say that when you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind."
Lord Kelvin (1824-1907)
from lecture to the Institute of Civil Engineers, 3 May 1883