Seeking employment but havent been in a lab in 2 years.

Started by pmelseekingemployment, 04-24-2012 -- 15:40:21

Previous topic - Next topic

pmelseekingemployment

When I got out of the air force, I needed to help support my family, and stay in their area, but there was no PMEL work nearby, so I took jobs that I could get, just to get by. Things have cleared up and now I can actively seek employment elsewhere, but I'm a bit worried, since I havent worked in a lab for 2 years, and I was only in the Air Force for 4 years. Can anyone tell me if they have ever been in a situation like this?

OlDave

Or a better question. Where do you want to work?

spanishfly25

Many companies need junior techs since they can pay them less. I am sure you would have no problems findind a job, the question is would you be happy with the salary they would offer you.

ZZ

If you're willing to relo, there are plently of contract and civil service labs for all branches of the military. I'd try AF labs first since that was wher you started. The big labs like Hill, Wright-Patterson and Robbins are a good place to start. The big labs tend to have higher turnover rates and more positions available. Good luck!

CalLabSolutions

I was just out at Warner Robins.. I know they are currently looking for people.   

Michael L. Schwartz
Automation Engineer
Cal Lab Solutions
  Web -  http://www.callabsolutions.com
Phone - 303.317.6670

cjmatte

Where do you live?  Email me chris.matter@tektronix.com  we have openings in almost every region right now. We used to be Davis Calibration till Tek bought us a couple years ago.