TEST EQUIPMENT ITEM MANAGER

Started by carl parks, 02-28-2013 -- 13:30:53

Previous topic - Next topic

carl parks

I'm a new test equipment item manager. Anyone have suggestions or spreadsheets that could make this process easier. All units I respond to have different format, etc and I would like to standardize everything, making calibration, scat codes, pmel codes etc easier to track and manage.

bAdbOb

We calibrate and manage an inventory of over 4,000 M&TE at my site. We use Met/Track, Met/Cal, Manual Met/Cal, Bar Code Magician, Q&A, and Electronic Service Module to perform all M&TE management/calibrations with great success.

We would be very interested in trying out the new Met/Team software, but we are currently on an austerity kick and won't be able to give it a shot :-(
A.  F.   PMEL 72-81
Malmstrom 73-75, Ramstein 75-77, Edwards 77-81

Twhman138

Just wanted to let you know that if you haven't tried it out yet that i thoroughly enjoy MET/Team. When i first starting this job all "databases" and tracking was done through excel. I can't even describe how i reacted accurately, it was a confused mixture of laughing, cringing and terror. From that i moved to MET/Track and from there MET/Team. The only issues I've had were coordinating with my IT guys to do small changes to allow new reports and the occasional bug that fluke helped me out with pretty quickly. The change over was extremely painless and went well. I'd recommend the change over, and unless you needed everything just using the express version that comes free.