references

Started by airbud, 05-27-2013 -- 08:38:24

Previous topic - Next topic

airbud

Anyone have a reference that tells us that we have to put the date due calibration on a cal chart? Old or new references would be greatly appreciated, since I can't find it in T.O. 00-20-14.

Thanks guys and gals.

RFCAL

spanishfly25

our procedures only states that the chart needs the dated for when the chart was made, they also need ID# that corresponds to the instrument being tested and charts need to be attach to calibration certificates. the certificate does need the due date, but not the chart.  when attaching charts to instruments, they need to be located next to the calibration sticker. But that's our procedures which could be totally different from other people or military

Phys_dim

00-20-14 dated 30 September 2011 paragraph 5.7, sub-para 5.7.3 item "g."

if you have access to an obsolete 00-20-14 with reference to the AFTO FORM 249, there is no mention of a "date due", just date calibrated (block 7)

HOWEVER, your local QA, Lab, Base etc may have you add that info...

Hawaii596

I am guessing this is a still in the USAF type question (as I have been out of the Navy for - wow - more than 30 years).
"I often say that when you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind."
Lord Kelvin (1824-1907)
from lecture to the Institute of Civil Engineers, 3 May 1883

airbud

Thanks for all of your input. I guess I was just imagining the need for the input.