Looking for job opportunity

Started by ericp.lau, 06-29-2013 -- 23:04:30

Previous topic - Next topic

ericp.lau

Hello forum,

I held a 4-year degree in EE but I would like to do on-site calibration. I love to travel here and there, company to company, learning new technology, as well as gain experience. I am currently working for a semiconductor company which working with a lots of RF equipment, such as: signal generator, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, etc. I found most of the Calibration Tech jobs required to have a degree in Metrology or experienced with PMEL. Do you know where can I get training on PMEL? Any suggestion or advice? Thanks.

Squidley

Best way is enlist in military for it...
There are several communuity colleges with programs in metrology but from what I heard most of them are more aimed atgetting military trained techs civilian papers...
Douglas J. Baird, USN(ret),

ericp.lau

Thanks for your response. Do you know anything about this online website (learningmeasure.com)? I found this website in this forum. They do have Metrology training course available. Please advice. Thanks

WestCoastCal

Workplace Training out of Minnesota has a training program and is always represented at the Measurement Science Conference and NCSLi Conference.  The NCSLi is the week of July 15th in Nashville.

beadwork

Quametec also offers training courses.

USMCPMEL

What do you do currently at your company?? Where I live they hire EE starting off at 70K per year...

ericp.lau

Quote from: USMCPMEL on 07-06-2013 -- 11:10:58
What do you do currently at your company?? Where I live they hire EE starting off at 70K per year...

I am working as an engineer technician. EE starting off 70k with experience? Where do you live?