Unemployment.

Started by USMCPMEL, 07-09-2013 -- 21:26:02

Previous topic - Next topic

USMCPMEL

Anyone on here know how unemployment work?? I thought under Obama that we got 2 years?? I just got a niotice saying that I was about to run out and I am at 6 months???

CalLabSolutions

Unemployment is usually a state run program, so it varies from state to state.

Most of the time it is setup like an insurance program that your employer has to pay into.  I know I have to keep it on each person I hire.  Then when you are laid off or fired without cause the money comes from the unemployment insurance.  And the employer has to pay a faction of it as well. 

I got a small education on this topic a couple of years ago when I let a part time employee go.  Within an hour I was getting a call from the unemployment office.  But I had my ducks in a row.

Mike.
Michael L. Schwartz
Automation Engineer
Cal Lab Solutions
  Web -  http://www.callabsolutions.com
Phone - 303.317.6670

ck454ss

Quote from: USMCPMEL on 07-09-2013 -- 21:26:02
Anyone on here know how unemployment work?? I thought under Obama that we got 2 years?? I just got a niotice saying that I was about to run out and I am at 6 months???

Most of those federal extensions ran out long ago exept in very few cases. You need to file an extension for benefits and it will be probably less than the "Full" benefits you receive now.  Call the unemployment office or look them up online by your state and search for information on extensions.

spanishfly25

is different from State to State, In NJ and PA.  6 months are giving, at 6 months you call and ask for an extension which is giving automaticly for another 6 months. at one year, you need to show proof that you are trying to find a job and having a hard time. if approved you can get up to 2 years, but they look very closely to those extensions

yonker08

In Ohio it was dropped down to 79 weeks from 99 for me. It depends on the state jobless rate I believe. Everything is done on-line, you entered the extensions that way.
Make no friendship with an angry man; and with a furious man thou shalt not go: Prov.22:24